Saturday, February 21, 2009

DIA MIRZA'S CRAZE HER DREAM ROLE

Dia Mirza is still very far from what she deserves in the industry and therefore rightly rues the fact that she has not yet found her dream role. She said this in a recent chat with the media. She has been lying low for quite some time though she is being seen in Rakesh Roshan's 'Krazzy 4'. She reveals as to why her name was kept a secret from the star cast of the movie. She has played a journalist in the film, trying to reform the four crazy people. It's an important role. Juhi Chawla plays a psychiatrist and she acts as a journalist. Though the film is a comedy, she plays a very serious role, she asserts. Her role in 'Krazzy 4' is much different from her earlier character in Apoorva Lakhia's 'Shoot Out At Lokhandwala' though she plays a journo there, too. She has several movies on hand like Ashu Trikha's 'Zindagi Tere Naam', Sanjay Gupta's 'Alibaug', and another comedy - 'Fruit and Nut' and Soojit Sircar's 'Shoebite' with Amitabh Bachchan. However, she is banking on National Award-winning director Manmohan Mahapatra's 'Bits and Pieces'. Excerpts of the interview:

Are you satisfied with your present status in the industry?


I have done good work and I am almost 30 films old, but I have yet to get that one role which I can really talk about.

What's your latest movie?

I am making an appearance in Rakesh Roshan's 'Krazzy 4'.

How come this fact didn't come out in the open?

I am the surprise package of the film. This was deliberately kept a secret. Rakeshji didn't want the audience to know that I am featuring in the film, as they wanted to give the viewers a surprise.

What's your role vis-à-vis lead actor Juhi Chawla?

I play a journalist in the film, trying to reform the four crazy people. It's an important role. Juhi Chawla plays a psychiatrist and I am a journalist. Though the film is a comedy, I play a very serious role to play.

Isn't your role in 'Krazzy 4' quite different from your earlier roles?

You are right. I played a journalist in Apoorva Lakhia's 'Shoot Out At Lokhandwala' in the past. But the two roles are poles apart. Here I am shown doing a lot of social work.

What else?

I am also doing Ashu Trikha's 'Zindagi Tere Naam', where I will also be performing an item song. Sanjay Gupta's 'Alibaug' is also a wonderful film. I am doing another comedy - 'Fruit and Nut'. Then there is Soojit Sircar's 'Shoebite' with Amitabh Bachchan, but it is too early to talk about this.

What are you looking forward to?

I am now looking forward to National Award-winning director Manmohan Mahapatra's 'Bits and Pieces'.

No comments:

Post a Comment